Monday, July 19, 2010

What Makes a "Hoe"?

I've never personally been called a hoe, at least not to my face anyway lol, but i've had quite a few convo's  involving some hoe-like activities and propositions.  Just like the word "love", there are many different meanings and outlooks on this very scandalous word..I've even heard it used as a term of endearment..Hoe is like the new bitch, if i may say so. Not like either one of those are positive, but these are just a few things that i've been observing.

Apparently this has been troubling my mind for quite some time now, and I jus need a little clarity.  What does it take for one to be considered a "HOE"? Is it how many partners they have had or how they dress, act, or is it a combination of a bunch of things?

Share ya thoughts!

Signed,
Ten28

2 comments:

  1. Haha Interesting topic... In my opinion a "hoe" or whore are exactly what they are by definition... Some may question my use of the word whore because it comes across as a much more harsh word then "hoe" (depending on the person). I can only make this assumption due to the fact that the term whore isn't used much in the Black community. We have become used to the term "hoe", even though whore is the term in which it originated. A whore by definition is 1 : a woman who engages in sexual acts for money : prostitute; also : a promiscuous or immoral woman
    2 : a male who engages in sexual acts for money
    3 : a venal or unscrupulous person

    By definition that is a "hoe" or whore.. Even though this definition is negated often by those who maybe afraid of being a whore...by definition lol. So in my opinion it is what it is. I agree with the definition the traits described in the definition are what make a "hoe"/whore to me.. Now a debate can go on for days as to what is moral and what is immoral behavior or promiscuity ...maybe you can save that for another blog lol. But to me there isn't much that can be changed with the definition so if someone fits that definition than by definition they are a "hoe"/whore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest I dont really know what makes someone a hoe/whore. I thought that it wasnt about home many people you have been with but more of what was your reason for being with them, if that makes any sense.

    ReplyDelete